Eden Lacy

Having cancelled another trip due to the unseasonal weather, I find myself sorting out images, burning the half decent stuff to CD and binning the rest.
Sorting out those from Kate, Jim and Sean's trip, The Cumberland Ring, I came across a few that I'd intended to use but never did: Sean making his run down the weir at Eden Lacy...
On the smooth tongue...
...before being swallowed by the stopper...
...and spat out some way downstream to work back up and cover the others' descent.
Again I find myself thinking about paddling white water, but then despite the poor weather the rivers are still low; there's the whole access issue; all that faff with shuttles; another boat and all that extra kit...
No. I'll stick to the sea. Just need the tides to be right, the wind just so, the swell within reason and then I'll pack the kit: paddles, flares, radio, pumps, maps...
Maybe I'll just go for a walk!

Comments