Going Pro

Last weekend, we had a GoPro Video Camera in the group; it was an experimental run as none of us had used one of these before now. Results were mixed but I'm considering buying one as well, in particular to try and capture some of the more exciting paddling in the races and while rock hopping in bigger conditions.
I'll leave the editing to Tim but I pulled a few stills from the footage...
...the image quality leaves much to be desired, (these shots have also been cropped) and the super wide angle gives interesting results. Water droplets on the casing are clearly going to be problematic...
...but I'm hopeful that use of these cameras in future will allow some good results in those places where just reaching for the SLR would probably result in a capsize...

Comments

Ian said…
Hi Will,

Worth a Go (if you'll excuse the awful pun....). I don't have one, but I think I've heard of "Rain-X" being used to prevent droplets spoiling the images.

all the best

Ian