Batman - take 2

Our recent trip around Rubha Coigeach brought back memories of many routes climbed here years ago, some of which I described in that post - perhaps the best however was Batman (HVS 5a), which gives ''wild climbing up the hanging groove in the headwall above Tystie Slab.'' (SMC Northern Highlands Vol 2)
I remember well the growing elation as I made the final moves into the groove and then swung out onto the overhanging arete - a clean drop to the slabs and sea below. Topping out I peered back down the groove grinning wildly - I could barely wait for Karl to follow in order that we could drop back down to the platform and climb it again! I don't think I did that with any other route I climbed.
On a subsequent visit, Karl was made to second the route again. And then again after I'd convinced Simon (pictured leading Barrier Reef on the earlier post), that this was the best HVS he would ever climb...luckily enough Karl had his sights on more taxing routes, Cyclops being amongst those. Probably the best single pitch crag I was ever fortunate enough to climb on.

Comments