Four days around Mull - Lunga (Treshnish Isles) to Easedale

Torn between waiting for a glimpse of the whale whose blow we heard so clearly across the calm seas, and setting up camp in the last of the day's light, we paddled on, moving quickly towards the Dutchman's Cap.
Gradually the unmistakable silhouette grew in stature and we paused only briefly in its shadow before turning north-east and heading on towards the burnt orange sunlit cliffs of Lunga.
Looking back on the Dutchman's Cap from the shallow channel between Sgeir á Chaisteil and the northern tip of Lunga. In the very last of the light we pitched camp on a level platform above the channel with long views back towards Staffa and Mull and for the second night, watched the stars brighten above, the Milky Way clearly visible across the northern skies.
Despite the late finish I woke early and began sorting wet kit for the day ahead. But there was little need to rush - conditions were settled and today's leg across the north coast of Mull was a little shorter than the previous two days.
Looking back on the crossing from Iona to the Dutchman's Cap from the summit of Lunga, which at 103m gave superb views out to Coll and Tiree...
...and out across the northern Treshnish Isles, our camp just visible centre left.
Threading a route between the skerries towards Fladda from where we turned north on a direct heading for Caliach Point, some 12km distant. 
Tim, with the Rum Cuillin beyond, shortly before a light headwind picked up - not enough to make the paddling difficult but sufficient to slow the boats, killing any glide as the heavy bows slammed into small but short, steep wind waves.
Beyond Caliach point, the wind now on our beam, we headed quickly across the wide bays towards Quinish Point and eventually Ardmore Point, turning at last into the Sound of Mull to set up camp beneath the lighthouse at Rubha nan Gall.
Having resolved to complete the trip on this, our fourth day on the water, a little more effort than usual was made to get away earlier than normal - the promise of a pub meal in Easedale, some 50km south, providing motivation.
The calm conditions persisted and the Sound of Mull was dispatched in two lengths, both against what little tide there was, before stopping at Craignure for tea and cake at the café above the ferry terminal.
The last 20km south the Easedale passed slowly, the light and water both flat and still. Certainly it is possible too have too much of a good thing but midway across the Firth of Lorn a small number of porpoises broke the monotony after which curious tidal streams running in seemingly random directions gave rise to intrigue and frustration in equal measure.
The following morning, a local diver, whom we had spent some time talking with before setting out, confirmed the confused nature of the flows in the area of Insh Island in particular. Friendly and helpful, he was genuinely interested in our trip and related some amusing tales of dives from the Corryvreckan and further afield, before assuring us that we should ignore the sign above. Which of course, following a long paddle and good feed the night before, we had.

For those less familiar with the Scottish islands, the Isle of Mull is the fourth largest not only in Scotland but also of all the islands surrounding Great Britain. 
The image above roughly shows the route taken, which totaled approx. 180km.