Tour de Yorkshire

If I'm a long way from being a roadie, I'm even further from being spectator and so it was a rather odd - if enjoyable despite its brevity - experience to find myself watching the race this afternoon as it passed close to home. I blame the weather. Or rather the weather forecast which called for heavy rain and wind. I had an image in my mind's eye - a gritty shot, black and white, riders grimacing and the rain falling in sheets...and so after hiding from the worst of the morning's downpours and a short run in the Wharfe valley, we arrived as the skies cleared and the temperature soared. A few images then, from an unexpectedly enjoyable, warm and sunny afternoon watching the last leg of the last stage of the Tour de Yorkshire.
The peloton passing through Addingham...
...Voeckler, charismatic as ever...
...and a brand very nearly not present in this race, the initial selection strangely omitting two prominent British teams though both later received belated invites meaning all Britain's UCI ranked squads could compete. Complexities which I am happy let go over my head as I contemplate another carry for the next rocky descent...

Comments